We find ourselves in full spring mode. A couple more hours of sunlight each day and rising temperatures, and we’re already ready for summer. The only thing better than #springbreak and floral prints is the new spring makeup launches and gorgeous beauty trends that’ll pull us out of a winter beauty stalemate.
We’ve gathered up the trends influencing new makeup launches that we’ll be wearing all season long, and through summer!
Coral is having a moment
From lipstick to blush, we’re seeing coral shades everywhere. The best thing about this shade of orange is its versatility: looks just as gorge on eyes, lips, and cheeks, and suits every skin tone with the right hue.
- YSL The Street & I Face Palette Collector ($47) – an orange-coral powder blush conveniently wrapped up in an iconic collector’s compact.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Blush Cream Blush ($60) in 3 – a beautiful “blood orange” cream blush to tint cheeks, lids, and lips!
- Benefit Galifornia Blush ($29) – Benefit just launched Cheek Parade ($58), a palette of their iconic bronzers and blush, but our favorite of the bunch is the Galifornia blush, perfect for warming up our look into California-girl chic.
- Smashbox Be Ledendary Lipstick ($21) in new shade Casita – An Allure Best of Beauty winner, this lipstick is available in a matte and satin finish, and in new shade Casita, it’s a winner for creating a glam red-coral pout.
Two is better than one
Makeup duos are everywhere. Is it that we’re a society of maximizers or are we just never satisfied? We’re not complaining though, with some of these products, two really is better than one. Double the shadows and double the blush make for awesome layering and contoured makeup looks.
- Benefit They’re Real! Duo Eyeshadow Blender Beyond Easy Eyeshadow Duo ($24) – No more will we have to decide on one eyeshadow over the other, and forget trying to pair the perfect complementing shade, these eyeshadow duos come prepared.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Duo ($55) – paired eyeshadows, we’re crushing on #105, a cobalt blue and shimmery taupe and #104, a nude bronze and pale pink.
- Tom Ford Sheer Cheek Duo ($78) in Paradise Lust – So many good things about this duo…a blush and highlighter in complementing shades of peach and coral. So pretty and makes us feel all tropical, not to mention gorgeous.
- YSL Two-Tone Eye Pencil ($30) in Orange Graffitti – We didn’t think we’d see a dual eyeliner we liked, and didn’t find “too trendy.” With just a sweep of this eyeliner on lids, blended using the included smudger, we’ve turned our eyelids into a smoky sunrise, in the best way.
Bright, bold eyeshadows were all over fashion week this season, and just about every new eyeshadow palette we’ve seen features intense pigments and rainbow shades. Neutrals may well be coming to an official end (until next season….).
- Smashbox Always On Gel Eye Liner ($18) in Baller – a jade liner to turn eyes green with envy (corny, we know).
- YSL Couture Palette Collector, The Street and I Collection ($60) – a hip compact housing 5 pink and red eyeshadows for some major eye drama. See tips on nailing red and pink makeup.
- Smashbox Cover Shot Cabana Kit ($49) – if only for the eye palette that features shades Peacock, Sunrise, Optics, Papaya, Sunlight, Nude, Sumatra, and Vanilla, all inspired by the California sun. Go for the Smashbox Cover Shot Eye Palette ($29) in Bold for serious rainbow bright eye shades.
Lipstick that isn’t lipstick
While we won’t be parting with our favorite lipsticks anytime soon, a sheer, tinted lip balm is a nice break from heavier lip paints, especially in the warmer spring and summer months.
- Tom Ford Lip Balm ($36) – conditions lips and adds a wash of color, keeping true to the coral trend shades L’Odissea and Neotropic are a perfect match.
- YSL Rouge Volupté Shine’ Oil-in-Stick Lipstick ($37) in Coral Ingenious or Rose Marceau – an oil-infused lipstick that delivers high-impact shine and a pop of color!
- Hourglass Girl Lip Stylo ($32) in Dreamer – okay, this one’s actually a lipstick, but it’s so silky and weightless, it provides color and a luxurious finish.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Enriched Lip Luminizer ($35) – sheer color that basically “melts” into lips.
- Mac Metallic Lipstick ($17) in Modern Midas – Mac launched 18 shades of metallic lipstick, and they’re all pretty gorgeous, even if we’re not brave enough to don Zerocool, the golden-nude shimmer of Modern Midas is daring enough.
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Love Lipstick ($22) in Moonrock – but since this summer will be all about color, we vow to wear this glittery blue lip shade to an epic summer party.
- Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Lip Glow ($28) in Sunblush – have you ever thought to bronze lips? This lipstick is basically a shimmery bronze for your pout.
…And metallic lipstick
Last year, metal mouth began its slow emergence – and now apparent domination. Almost every makeup brand now has a line of metallic lipstick, some subtle shimmer, others full-on glitz, and we’re just as obsessed.